Wednesday, January 15, 2014

2014 BOM - Secret Garden

I am writing the blog posts for 2014 in 2015. I will backdate them so that the whole thing ends up in (reverse) chronological order. 

Read my January 2015 post, BOMS Away, for more background on the BOM program.

This year's BOM quilt is called Secret Garden, and it's from Marti Michell.  I chose the batik color run. It consisted of  mostly pastel fabrics, with a black print for the accent color. I decided to change out some of the fabrics, and I will note my changes as we go along - if I can remember them.

The blocks are 5-patch blocks. The patterns use Marti Michell's Perfect Patchwork Templates, Sets M and S.

I will write about this more at the end, but I want to mention the sashing, as it shows up in the photos. I don't like it that much. Try to ignore it for now. 

This is what Marti Michell's finished quilt looks like. Of course, when you are in the BOM class, you don't get to see the finished quilt until you are fairly far along.


No comments:

Post a Comment