Saturday, February 27, 2021

Wading In - Chester Creek, Week 2

December 4, 2020
 
This was a busy week in Quiltville North. Bonnie Hunter released Part Two of Grassy Creek. This Grassy Creek is Bonnie Hunter's annual quilt-along mystery. The task this week was to make hourglass units. 
Bonnie offered two methods to make the units. I chose the method that employs Bonnie's Essential Triangle Tool because it is fun and easy to work with.
 
Essential Triangle Tool

 I was experiencing a little slippage while I was using the tool, so I added some sandpaper dots, and that made a big difference.

The sandy side of a sandpaper dot

 

I made a number of quarter square triangles and then sewed them together to make hourglass units. Bonnie provided very helpful tips for cutting, pressing, and sewing. The center points turned out perfectly! 

I especially liked her suggestion for "spinning" the seam in the center to reduce bulk. Everything went together very nicely. 

Ta da!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment