Sunday, January 19, 2020

Double Play

Part 5
All I had to do was some half-square triangles. They are almost the same as the HSTs from Part 3. Easy peasy!

Part 6
Flying Geese. 😩 They are so much work. I always end up having to redo a lot of them. It's hard to keep the three parts aligned in a straight line.

The green fabric is finally making its debut now. It is going to be a "constant" fabric, so there is only one green fabric. I was beginning to wonder when we would use it. The green fabric will be cut into HSTs and combined with the blue QSTs from Part 4.

The blue QSTs are already in sets.That makes it easy to make the Flying Geese in sets.  Each finished set of Flying Geese has to be placed back into the group of pieces those blue QSTs came from. 

Once again, I made good use of the Essential Triangle Tool to cut my wing triangles from green strips. 
 
I had fewer redos[1] than I have had in the past. Maybe I am finally getting the hang of this.


[1] The Blogger editor doesn’t like redos. I looked it up and the internet thinks redos is the proper plural of redo, although redo's is also acceptable. Note, however, that when redo is a verb, redoes may be appropriate in the case of third-person usage. Note, also, that redo should not have a hyphen.





Even though I didn't have many redos, these pieces took forever. To make things worse, Bonnie slipped Part 6 in as a second part in a single week, so I also had half the expected amount of time to complete this part. I now understand that I am not going to catch up to the live mystery. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment