Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Merry Play

Wow, it's been a while since I posted about quilting. I've been traveling more and sewing less. Now I have a little time to sew and I have a new project I am working on. I know. You are wanting to see a picture of the finished Good Fortune quilt, or the surprise piece I am making for my friend. Well, unfortunately, I haven't made much progress on those projects.

Meanwhile, while we were away on our last trip, Bonnie Hunter started a new Mystery Quilt-Along. This one is called Frolic!. As soon as we got home I tried to dive into it. It took me a while to get the fabric. We are down to three local quilt shops plus Jo-Ann's. One of them is downtown and caters mainly to tourists with primarily Alaskan-themed fabric that I don't often use. The second shop, Seams Like Home, has a buyer whose tastes are the polar opposite of mine. Lately I haven't been able to find much there. That leaves one good quilt shop, The Quilt Tree, plus Jo-Ann's. (I recently heard a rumor that Jo-Ann's is going to move into a smaller location and the two local outlets are going to consolidate. Can this be?)

Now that I think about it, there are actually two quilt shops in Eagle River. I have never been to them and I don't like driving out there in the winter, but I must remember to check them out soon.

So, I wanted to start Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt-along because I love the colors she used. After about 5 trips to three of the four local fabric stores, I had enough fabric to start. Here is a good part of it:
My Dark Blues
My Raspberries

My Light Blues

In case you're wondering, one of the definitions of frolic is "merry play." What a perfect description of how I feel when I'm quilting!

1 comment: