Saturday, January 11, 2020

Playing Catch Up

I thought if I worked hard, I could get caught up to the group quilting-along with Bonnie Hunter on the Frolic! mystery quilt. I decided to try to finish between 25% and 50% of the pieces in each clue.



The clue for Part 1 called for making four-patches using raspberry, light blue, and dark blue. Here are a few of mine. The lighting was bad and the colors do not appear accurate in the photo. But you get the idea.

 



I followed Bonnie Hunter's "nesting method" to make these four-patches. It speeds things up, but what I really liked about it was how nicely the center seams aligned.

Part 2 was pretty easy. I made these pieces with raspberry and neutral. I have quite a lot of different neutrals. I even tried using a neutral that was a plain solid.
Part 2 pieces

The colors are much more accurate here. 

I started out over 5 weeks behind. I don't seem to be catching up. :(






No comments:

Post a Comment