Monday, December 14, 2015

Andiamo! - Allietare Week One

Andiamo! Let's go! Let's see if I can catch up to the weekly clues.

Bonnie Hunter recommends the Easy Angle Ruler and provides good instructions on how to use it. I acquired the ruler and it really made the cutting zip along like lightning. I liked it much better than the Marti Michell templates used in the BOM program I have been involved with.
It looks complicated, but it's really very easy to use
The clue for Week One seemed daunting. We had to make an awful lot of these half square triangles. It actually turned out to be easy, thanks to the Easy Angle Ruler, and it went very quickly, thanks to doing only 1/4 of the number specified in the clue.

Here are some of my squares:
Clue 1
Note that the gray is constant, but not the neutrals.

I kind of knew this already, but as I was sewing I became acutely conscious of the low quality of the Jo-Ann fabric. I really thought they would have better fabric in their quilting section. The fat quarters weren't any cheaper than those at a better quilt shop (before the coupons). The gray was fine, but the thread count on the neutrals is very low. I would have preferred something with a tighter weave. I'm not too worried about it because this project is unlikely to be subjected to a lot wear. But still.

Here is the link to the Allietare Link-Up page for Week 1, where you can see what others are doing: Allietare Week 1 Link-Up

 

No comments:

Post a Comment